CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

And they`re off....

On November 1st, 2010, my parents left for another 18 month mission in Mozambique. Aidan and I picked them up that morning and drove them to the airport, where Jason and all four kids and Uncle Les were waiting for us. They went to check in, only to find out that Mama had a ticket for their first flight, but Daddy did not. So Daddy sat down and called the lady in Utah who had made all their travel arrangements, and she said she would look into it and call him back. Finally, she did, and during a couple more phone calls over about the next hour, different solutions were discussed. They could hang around at the airport until mid-afternoon, and fly out then, or fly out the next morning, both of which would result in changes in their itinerary and the loss of their World Traveler seats(which Mama was NOT happy about.) Apparently World Traveler seats are bigger and more comfortable, and they were going to be on a few different flights, and some of them were lengthy. Finally they were put on a flight leaving in the early afternoon, so Jason, the kids, and Uncle Les went home and Mama and Daddy and Aidan and I all went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday`s and then back to the airport. Somewhere in the middle of lunch, it hit me that this would be the last meal I would have with my parents for 18 months. But I was determined to enjoy it and not be sad like last time, when I cried anytime I saw someone else start crying. But I`ll blame that on being pregnant. So after lunch we ran an errand for Mama and then it was back to the airport. This time we just parked at the drop-off zone, unloaded their luggage, said our goodbyes, exchanged hugs and kisses and I love you`s, and then they had to go in. They are such awesome parents doing an awesome work. So proud of them and so lucky that they are my parents.




0 comments: